Our Nutrition Curriculum is curated by experts and aims at developing healthy eating habits amongst kids. We intend to foster a positive attitude towards healthy food and create a healthy social eating environment to help children cultivate healthy eating habits that will last a lifetime.
The curriculum is in line with principles of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate (Learn more http://teamnutrition.usda.gov.)
In addition to providing nutritious food to kids, kids are engaged in fun and inquiry based sessions. The sessions are integrated with Maths, Science, English Language, Arts and Health. The curriculum also encompasses aspects of personal hygiene like dental care, washing hands, bathing, toilet routine, cutting nails etc. Kids participate in age-appropriate experiential activities like role plays, No-fire cooking, positive tasting experiences, etc. Some of the topics include:
- Recognise “My Plate” by making healthier food choices
- Becoming independent eaters
- Identifying feelings of hunger and fullness
- Know when to STOP!!
- Selecting “Sometime Foods & Anytime Foods”
- Exploring “GO, GROW and GLOW” foods
- Develop appropriate “Hand Washing” habits
- Experiencing the joy of being physically fit